Saturday, October 31, 2009

Dr. Seuss knew a thing or two…

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.DSCF0491

Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!

A person's a person, no matter how small.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go.

Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way.

Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.

If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good.

You are you. Now, isn't that pleasant?

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.

I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.

You're in pretty good shape for the shape you are in.

From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.

I'm sorry to say so but, sadly it's true that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you.

You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.

All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you'll be quite a lot.

I'm afraid sometimes you'll play lonely games too, games you can't win because you'll play against you.

[A]s you partake of the world's bill of fare,that's darned good advice to follow. Do a lot of spitting out the hot air. And be careful what you swallow.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.

I meant what I said and I said what I meant.

Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite. Or waiting around for Friday night or waiting perhaps for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil or a better break or a string of pearls or a pair of pants or a wig with curls or another chance. Everyone is just waiting.

When at last we are sure, You've been properly pilled, Then a few paper forms, Must be properly filled. So that you and your heirs, May be properly billed.

And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More of How To Change Your Life ~ Taj's Advice For Fantastic Living

How To Change Your Life ~ Taj's Advice For Starting A (R)evolution In Your Life

  • 1. Take any 2 of these and apply them liberally for 7 days. Let me know how it goes!
  • 2. Feelin' lazy? Take any ONE of these and apply it randomly for 3 days. Let me know how it goes!
  • Before you sleep tonight, tithe 10% of the money you made today to an individual or family in need in your social circle.
  • Breathe really deeply for ten minutes a day.
  • Change your relationship to your experiences.
  • Change your thinking to reflect your life purpose.
  • Change your thinking.
  • Drink enough water.
  • Drink more than enough water.
  • Eat this for dinner or lunch 3 times per week: steamed edamame, rice pasta covered in garlicy olive oil, pine nuts and feta cheese. Eat as much as you want!
  • Get acupuncture at least every 2 months.
  • Get checked for sleep apnea if you are always tired.
  • Get enough sleep.
  • Get massage therapy at least once per month.
  • Laugh at least 20 different times today.
  • Meditate regularly.
  • Read a book called When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice For Difficult Times by Pema Chodron
  • Smile at everyone you see today, looking them in the eye while you do it.
  • Stop eating french fries and drinking soda and avoid wheat and dairy products.
  • Stop eating french fries and drinking soda and keep the rest of your diet the same.
  • Try this style of Tithing for a week: meditate &/or pray 10% of your day (2.4 hours) focusing on the causes you would normally donate cash to help.